ABU GARCIA REVO MGX
The next generation of the REVOlution continues with the 5.4 ounce Revo® MGX. The combination of an enhanced compact design with our ground-breaking X-Mag™ alloy frame and C6 carbon sideplates produce the evolution of ultra-lightweight low profile reel technology.
More than mere lightweight design, the Revo MGX features a unique Infinitely Variable Centrifugal Brake (IVCB-IV™) that sets the standard for cast control in all other reels. With 28 positions of external adjustment, the one of a kind design allows fine tuning on the water without removing the sideplate. Additionally, the IVCB-IV system allows anglers to cast extremely lightweight baits, something other baitcaster reels struggle with.
REVOLUTIONARY COMPACT DESIGN
Because this reel is so much more compact and ergonomic than anything on the market today, we introduced new gear ratios for the MGX that provide similar line retrieve rates as other existing Revo reels. The Revo MGX 7.1:1 gear ratio provides similar inches per turn "IPT" to other standard 6.4:1 Revo models (28" IPT). The Revo MGX 7.9:1 high speed gear ratio model provides similar IPT to other 7.1:1 high speed Revo models (31" IPT).
- 9 stainless steel HPCR™ bearings + 1 roller bearing provides increased corrosion protection
- One piece X-Mag™ alloy frame provides a super light yet extremely strong frame
- Infini II™ spool design for extended castability and extreme loads
- C6 carbon sideplates provide significant weight reduction without sacrificing strength and durability
- Carbon Matrix™ drag system provides smooth, consistent drag pressure across the entire drag range
- Aircraft grade aluminum main gear provides weight reduction without sacrificing durability
- IVCB-IV™ Infinitely variable centrifugal brake gives very precise brake adjustments allowing anglers to easily cast a wide variety of baits
- Compact bent carbon handle provides a more ergonomic design that is extremely lightweight
- Flat EVA knobs provide greater comfort and durability
- Ti coated line guide reduces friction and improves durability
- Recessed reel foot allows for a more ergonomic reel design